Honey Rose & K
How to Wear & Care for Your Jewelry August 16, 2018 14:08
Caring for your fashion jewelry is just as important as feeling amazing when wearing your jewelry! A few pointers that will keep your jewelry fabulous for the long run.
Keep your jewelry away from
- dishwashing soap
- silver cleaner
- other harsh chemicals
Did you know your jewelry should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off? YES, YES!
Store your jewelry properly
KEEP YOUR JEWELRY TARNISH FREE BY KEEPING YOUR JEWELRY DRY
- Don't Wash Dishes or do Laundry With Your Jewelry on. Many cleaning products that come in contact with your beautiful jewelry that can take off the finish. Why? Because of the harsh chemicals.
- Don't Wear Jewelry In Pool or at the Spa. Chlorinated water can react with the metals found in jewelry causing your awesome earrings or necklace to change color.
- Don't Use Jewelry Cleaner. Cleaner made for silver, gold, or platinum is way too harsh for fashion jewelry which is usually gold plated with these precious metals.
- Don't Put on Lotion or Perfume with your Jewelry on. For the same reasons we listed above, lotions and perfumes that are not 100% natural can react with your jewelry.
LAST ON, FIRST OFF
- Put Your Jewelry on After You Put Your Clothes on and Before Your Take Your Clothes Off. Doing this will ensure that your clothing doesn't get caught on your sweater or t-shirt during the clothing removal process. An accidental pull of your necklace while taking off your shirt can cause a chain or jump ring to break!
- Remove Your Jewelry During Activities. When performing mundane and fun tasks, such as laundry, cooking, or gardening, remove your jewelry to prevent physical damage or exposure to cleaning chemicals or cleaning fluids. We also recommend taking off necklaces when holding small children or playing with them. Sounds silly but you wouldn't believe how many babies and toddler will yank/break and pull your necklace right off.
STORE YOUR FASHION JEWELRY PROPERLY TO KEEP IT LOOKING GREAT FOR YEARS!
- Keep Your Jewelry Secure. Store your jewelry in a jewelry box or other secure container that will prevent your baubles from moving around. You can also store your jewelry in a silk or velvet pouch and put each pouch in a decorative shoe box.
Avoid Air! The air around us is what makes metal tarnish. We recommend using a ziploc or sandwich bag with the air squeezed out to prevent oxidization.
We hope these tips help you to keep your jewelry looking great from now until forever.